Reversal of Destiny

Reversal of Destiny

Spread the love

Wouldn’t it be marvelous if God would turn a difficult situation around for us, turning it upside down, like He did in the Old Testament with Joseph, Moses, David, Ruth and Queen Esther?  When I read in the Bible that God intervened and turned a bad situation around, I write in my Bible, “Reversal of Destiny”.

The Biblical characters I mentioned experienced miraculous turning points, orchestrated by God, who redirected their lives toward an amazing future.  Reversal of Destiny is an incredible principle in the Bible that reveals the following about our God:

1. He is powerful and always in control, no matter how hopeless or confusing our circumstances might be.
  2. One way He expresses His love for us is through His faithfulness, working mightily in our lives.
  3. God has a plan and nothing can thwart His will, even if it means turning an entire situation around and causing it to head in a totally different direction.

Reversal of Destiny (ROD).  It’s the turning point, the moment of change that God designs for an impossible situation.  Like Queen Esther, (I imagine she looked like the picture above),  who was a beautiful yet humble Jewish girl chosen to become queen.  When the Jewish people were faced with impending annihilation, God worked mightily in Queen Esther’s life to save His people.  There was no hope, but God had a plan and suddenly turned things around!

Isaiah 48:3 says, “I foretold the former things long ago, my mouth announced them and I made them known; then suddenly I acted, and they came to pass.”

Over the years, there have been times when I wished that God would (suddenly) reverse a situation or perform a great big miracle like He did in the Old Testament.  But as I look back, I realize that I have actually experienced Reversal of Destiny several times!

Here is a snapshot of some modern day ROD’s in my life:

*At 25 years old, I was encouraged by a pastor to try a Bible Study on a Friday night instead of my usual night out with friends at the bars.  When I walked through the door at the Bible Study, my life was forever changed.

*Not willing, as a single mom, to sign a stringent non-compete contract, I lost my job.  The next day I created a business of my own, changing the direction of my life for many years.

*In my desire to find a way to serve the Lord, God stirred my heart to write a book.  Through a phone conversation with another author, I was moved to begin seriously writing that day.  A year and a half later, I became a published author.

Have you experienced Reversal of Destiny?

I’ll bet that if you look back on your life, you have some ROD’s that may be even more dramatic than my examples. God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  When we walk closely with Him, He will lead us exactly where He wants us to go, even if it requires turning our circumstances upside down!

Of course, the most powerful Reversal of Destiny is offered to any person who believes in the Lord Jesus Christ and His offer of salvation.  Our lives are turned around, no longer headed in the direction of sin and death, rather sanctification and eternal life with the Lord.  That is the ultimate Reversal of Destiny!

“You turn things upside down, as if the potter were thought to be like the clay…”  Isaiah 29:16

Laurie Driesen About Laurie Driesen

Laurie Driesen is a writer, entrepreneur and business owner. Her passion is to encourage and strengthen people's faith by sharing the truth of God's Word through her writing. In her recently published book, Beyond Regret - Living Your Life Purpose in Spite of Past Choices, Laurie shares how God uses our mistakes and detours to lead us into His will and accomplish His true purpose for our lives. Check out her website for more.

Comments

1. Janet K Brown (@janetkbrowntx) says:

My reversal of destiny began with God healing me emotionally, setting me on a path to lose 100 pounds. Who could know that God would use that weight loss & healing as ministry through writing & speaking. I stand in awe of what God can do when we surrender to His control. Thanks, Laurie, for your testimony. It’s so encouraging.

2. Tina Dorward says:

I love the ROD concept and can think of several other instances where Agod reversed a destiny, namely Saul’s. I most recently experienced this 2 years ago in my own life. Great post! Thanks Laurie

3. Laurie Driesen says:

Thanks for sharing your ROD! Wow, God is so amazing to author something in your life that you would have never dreamed!

4. Laurie Driesen says:

Tina- I thank God that He does such powerful things in our lives for His glory!

5. Laurie,
    The ultimate ROD is salvation, but my ROD was the day I met my husband. I know that sounds a little mushy but it’s true. I had no self-esteem or boldness whatsoever until the Lord placed that man in my life. I guess I needed to see it in action in a godly manner (not an egotistical, selfish, worldly way).
    It took years before it took root and I still struggle with it some. Satan has a way of pushing back, but I’m not the same shy, reclusive inert Christian I once was. God’s taught me HOW to be something I thought I could never be through a man I adore.

6. Laurie Driesen says:

Thanks for sharing that Renee. That really is a great ROD! I guess we all have to continue going through the sanctification process, even in our ROD’s! I feel like I’m always being pruned in some way. But God is so good to work so powerfully in our lives.

7. Mariel Pock says:

Wow, I love everything in your post. I am studying the concept of ROD and you helped me tremendously. I want to tell you about mine. I am from Paraguay. I went to law school because that was the dream of my life. My only language was Spanish (that was the only one I needed lol) One day in a bus, going to court to work I had this revelation that the way my life was going was not what it was meant to be. Crazy! I know. I spent 6 years in law school. That day, I gave my life to Jesus and I told him to just show me was he has for my life because what I had didn’t feel right anymore. Oh boy, he showed me the changes!! Short after that, I met my husband -online- He didn’t speak Spanish, I didn’t speak English but somehow we got married after 8 months. I moved to America and everything changed! I knew a didn’t want to be a lawyer anymore. It didn’t make me happy. I knew I have to learn English and I knew I wanted to teach. I learned the language, I have a beautiful family, but every time I tried to get a job all I heard was “you will never be able to teach here”
    On April 2016, Jesus showed me my ROD. I got a call from a High school in Georgia (I live in Alabama) They offered me a Spanish teaching position because I have an MS in Spanish Education. Oh, I was so happy! I started teaching, and I love every single day of it. Teaching made me feels I am serving Jesus. It makes my soul happy. I know THIS was HIS plan for my life, and ALL THE GLORY GOES TO HIM! So I went from Paraguay – Spanish – Law Shcool, to USA- English -High School. It’s amazing how HE works.

8. Laurie Driesen says:

Mariel, Gracias por compartir tu vida conmigo! I laughed when I read your story because when I was in my 20’s I took a trip to Mexico. I met my future husband there. I didn’t know Spanish and he didn’t know English. I quickly learned Spanish and we ended up getting married. We were married for 7 years and then divorced. Even though my marriage didn’t work out, I still knew I was in God’s plan because He used those years of my life in South Texas to teach me and bless me so much. I have a daughter from that marriage who is such a blessing to me. I loved hearing about your experience and how you had to learn English. God has done mighty things in your life. May He continue to bless you! Thanks for sharing your story. Que Dios te bendiga y te doy muchas gracias por tu comentario.

Laurie Driesen